This has honestly been one of the most difficult things I've ever done. I've never been one to workout, the only reason I was ever physically fit in the first place was because I was in dance when I was younger. And, honestly, I don't believe I've really worked out much since my last post about what I do when I work out. The stress of finals week is upon me and all I can even think about is how I need to study, but I'm so over weight that I can't focus because all I want to do is workout, but I feel like I should be studying and nothing else.
But that's not true, it's just my brain finding a way to trick me into not working out. Will I workout sometime today? I want to, but if I'm being honest, no I probably won't. I just want anybody reading the blog to know that it's okay to struggle with getting started, but you have to push yourself if you want to lose any weight.
And don't weigh yourself often -- just often enough to keep a mental record of your progress (no more than once a week, tops). It is far too discouraging to weigh yourself more than that. I'm no health guru, but I do know that punishing yourself for not losing five pounds in a week does no good, especially mentally. And believe me when I say it is a horrible experience trying to convince yourself to workout when mentally it seems that it's doing no good.
Hang in there, guys! We'll make it through eventually.
No comments:
Post a Comment